Within the last week or so I have been delighted to get notifications that my little blog has been nominated for a couple of awards! It’s really great to know that other people are enjoying my pictures and posts – when I set up applepiezucchini I was sure no-one would look at it, let alone give great comments and feedback.
The first one came from Penny at sensitiveflour and is the Versatile Blogger Award.
According to the rules of the award I need to tell you 7 things about myself so here goes!
- I play jazz saxophone, but started playing music when I got my first flute at the age of 8.
- I have always wanted to play the cello and it’s the next instrument on my wish list!
- I get teased a lot for being really short! I’m not actually that small (5 feet 4 and a quarter inches…..the quarter is important!) but when I stand next to Ben who is 6 foot 7 I look pretty tiny!
- I have an older brother – Rick is 2 years older than me and is a seriously bright spark! He has just completed his History doctorate in Oxford.
- I really love windsurfing, but am not great at it so spend more time in the water than surfing over it!
- I probably shouldn’t admit this on a food blog but my favourite food is pizza!
- And……Steve Redgrave once sang me happy birthday…we were at a restaurant in St Andrews and he was sat on the next table!
The other award comes from Please Pass the Recipe in the form of the Liebster Award which is for blogs with less than 200 followers.
The rules for this one are:
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
So I am not imaginative enough to think of another 11 random facts about myself so I’m going to add 4 to the 7 above!!
- Ben and I have a food tradition – we always watch formula 1 races with bacon and egg sandwiches on a Sunday!
- I once ran a marathon incredibly slowly to prove I could drag myself round it – and am planning on doing another one next year a wee bit faster!
- This year I will get to my first ever michelin starred restaurant! We are going to Tom Kitchin’s restaurant for a 7 course tasting menu and I am so so excited!
- I once played the benny hill theme tune in front of Prince Charles and Camilla!
Here are the questions
- What do you love most about blogging? It makes me search for and keep cooking a real variety of foods, even when I’m busy – it stops be becomming boring and repetitive!
- Red or white wine? Hmmmm….tricky……probably white I think – I love Chenin Blanc in particular!
- What food is your guilty pleasure? Pizza! Yummmm!
- What do you love most about where you live? The view across the water – the waves look different every day!
- Chocolate or lemon? Chocolate – the darker the better
- Name your favourite lazy Sunday dinner dish.
- Which kitchen gadget is indispensible to you? My Kitchenaid mixer – I would be lost without it!
- What as been your most memorable dining experience? Several years ago my family went to a rather fancy hotel in Wales which had an fantastic restaurant. Lobster and guinea fowl as a main course, followed by a black pepper, basil and blackcurrant mousse for dessert… incredible food!
- Coast or country? Oooh – this is incredibly tough but my Yorkshire roots make me lean towards country – I love being out in the hills.
- Outside family, who would you most like to have as a dinner guest? I was going to pick a chef…..but I’d be too scared to serve them my food! I think Mo Farah would be a really interesting dinner guest…he seems like a genuinely nice guy but he’d be really inspirational to talk to.
- Your favourite cookbook is? It’s a tie here, between the bero cookbook (which I have a real fondness for as it taught me how to bake), and British Baking by Peyton & Byrne which contains nothing but beautiful photographs and recipes which always taste delicious!
And my questions for you are:
- What was the first thing you ever learnt to cook?
- Where would your perfect holiday be?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What is the recipe that you’ve always wanted to make but have been a bit scared to try?
- What is your favourite song / piece of music?
- Best ice-cream flavour?
- Countryside or city?
- Which chef do you admire the most?
- Your biggest food dislike is?
- What is the next cookbook on your wishlist?
- Hearty plates of food or michelin-style precision?
And here in no particular order are the blogs that I love and would like to nominate – I may have cheated slightly but all these blogs have less than 200 wordpress followers! For those of you nominated, please don’t feel that you have to post the award or do anything, but I just wanted to link and say that I love your blogs!
- Food, frankly
- Food and Forage Hebrides
- The Plum Palate
- Lime & Barley
- Salutation Recipes
- Saucy gander
- Rants, Raves and Rations
- Sarah’s Musical Kitchen
- Make My Day Creative